Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: cont. of etchings

From: Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1992 12:21:25 -0800
Subject: Re: cont. of etchings
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

I am not lionhart@netlink.cts.COM (Jackie Zucconi).  I didn't say:
>Also I was told by someone in
>the record biz that sometimes "crew memebers" creating the singles will put
>their own names onto them which might explain some of the messages such as
>Cooperman and Orlake, but then again perhaps not.

This is usually the case.  Most of the Awesome Records pressings of old
Danielle Dax vinyl have "a porky prime cut" etched in the run-out groove.
Porky is the name of the guy who cuts the discs.  Apparently he had a feud
with another well-known record cutter, so that when they did a bad job,
they'd each put the other's name in the groove!  (ie: if Cutter #2 whose
name eludes me did a bad job, he'd put "a porky prime cut" in the groove.
Clear?)

--
Jon Drukman (finely honed machine)              uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
The first thing that happens is that the bone splinters.