Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Garden and My Humble Ear

From: engjs@wombat.newcastle.edu.au (James Smith)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1992 19:51:21 -0800
Subject: Re: The Garden and My Humble Ear
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@seagoon.newcastle.edu.au

>>studied Classical Latin, may as well have been Greek).  I'm also
>>working on possibilities for the last German line of "Coffee Homeground."

Es smecht's wunderbar  -- It tastes good.
Es steh' mir fr"oh -- I like it.

Not sure of the spellings, but both are impure German.  We leaned both these
phrases in high school.

Jim
--
James J Smith             | One of the biggest obstacles to the future
School of Engineering     | of computing is C. C is the last attempt