Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: IED

From: Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1991 10:05:50 -0800
Subject: Re: IED
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

I am not engjs@wombat.newcastle.EDU.AU (James Smith).  I didn't say:
>In reading through my backlog of old articles recently I noticed a thread
>concerning the origin of the title IED.  Andrew's original mailing
>address was something like IEDXU01@..., and I've always assumed this
>was the source of the title.  Of course, only Andrew knows for sure.

It was IED0DXM.  I think the point was rather less "where does IED come
from" and more "what does IED *mean*"?  While five years pondering have not
led me any closer to a solution on that score, I have worked out a pretty
good theory as to where the DXM part came from...

[Regarding KBVII]
>It will be Different, and it will be Good.

I wish I had your facility with blind optimism.

--
Jon Drukman (finely honed machine)              uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
With hungered flesh obscurely, he mutely craved to adore.