Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RM/CITW

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1991 16:54:19 -0800
Subject: RM/CITW
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Finally.  Finally, finally, finally.  A friend called to say that he'd found
a copy of the RM single and bought it for me--he knew I'd been searching for
almost a month.

First off, I'm a bit confused by all of the comments about the photos on
the single.  She looks old, she looks this, she looks that, etc., etc.  The
two photos on the CD single are roughly 2 years old--quite obviously from
the same shoot as the cover of the TWW single.  Was there another picture
or two in the 12" version?

On to the music.  I've had _Two Rooms_ for a while now, so I already knew
that I love "Rocket Man."  It took a while to grow on me, but I definitely
like it quite a bit.

CITW took no such time to grow on me--I thought it was great on first listen.
I particularly like the samples of her voice.  I'm not overly crazy about the
instrumental version, but then I'm not crazy about the instrumental version
of TSW either--I want to hear KaTe *sing*.

Oh well.  Yet another opinion to throw on the Love-Hounds heap...

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|                                | Time for you to / Be who you are."       |
|jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu          |                         --Happy Rhodes   |