Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New Enya song ...

From: Scott Telford <st@dcs.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1991 06:20:31 -0800
Subject: Re: New Enya song ...
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

In article <9111270156.AA00935@lewhoosh.umd.edu>,
jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.EDU (Jeffrey C. Burka) writes:
> Right now my favorite track is "Carribean Blue," with "Afer Ventus" a
> close second.  I was interested to notice that "afer ventus" is one of
> the first "lines" of "Carribean Blue" (though you can't really understand
> what she's saying).

"Book of Days" is interesting too - one of the few tracks thats
actually got drums in it...

BTW, Her next UK single is "How Can I Keep From Singing", which is one
of the slower, traditional-sounding ones, backed with a Gaelic "Silent
Night", for obvious reasons...

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,   /   "I think she's one of the
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,      /    greatest composers of the