Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New Enya song ...

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1991 17:56:02 -0800
Subject: Re: New Enya song ...
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

A Larry writes (how many Larry-Love-Hounds do we have, anyway?):

>It was OK.  I thought it sounded a lot like _Watermark_ with twice
>as many overdubs, though.

Hmmm.  About "Carribean Blue" I might agree with this.  Over all, though,
I think _Shepherd Moons_ is a bit starker than the previous two albums.
Maybe it's just my imagination.  There are fewer wall-o-sounds, though.

Right now my favorite track is "Carribean Blue," with "Afer Ventus" a
close second.  I was interested to notice that "afer ventus" is one of
the first "lines" of "Carribean Blue" (though you can't really understand
what she's saying).

My current opininion is that _Shepherd Moons_ isn't quite as good as her
previous 2 albums--but that's not to say I don't love it.

wrt your next posting, I don't know translations of any of her latin or
gaelic songs, but would love to read them (of course, I think I'd rather see
a translation of some of Black Francis' spanish lyrics...;-).

Jeff
(who's about to run out and see if he can dig up a copy of the "Rocketman"
single)
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                |  Life is a lot like the Freak Show     |
|                                |  Nobody laughs when they leave.        |