Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tripping Around The Universe

From: kurtzman@pollux.usc.edu (Stephen Kurtzman)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1991 19:48:44 -0800
Subject: Re: Tripping Around The Universe
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@chaph.usc.edu

In article <m0kjfqG-00026BC@chinet.chi.il.us>
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie) writes:

>Here's a list that uses the idea of wanting to leave the earth and go
>traipsing around the universe.

>(all are female vocals or instrumentals by female musicians)

>  Star Of Wonder                  The Roches

What is your reasons for interpretting "Star of Wonder" this way?
Being on the Roches Christmas album ("We Three Kings" -- which you
should buy and play over and over this season) and having the very
Christian theme of a star which shepherds follow, the song seemed to
have a straightforward meaning.

By the way, did I mention that you should buy the Roches' Christmas
album? Oh, I see that I did. Well, another reminder shouldn't hurt.
--

Stephen Kurtzman             | "where desire writhed there stands a stone;
kurtzman@pollux.usc.edu      |  the change was sudden and complete"