Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KLF and Kate

From: lazlo%triton.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1991 08:37:27 -0800
Subject: Re: KLF and Kate
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

declann@sco.COM (Declan Nolan) writes:

> I stopped reading gaffa for a while because (a) didn't really have the
> time and (b) it was getting particularily tedious.  Anyway,  during this
> time, a friend who was still reading it told me that there was a thread
> about the KLF doing a cover of "Jig Of Life". This struck me as being
> too bizarre to be anything but true so could some of you kind souls
> please mail me with the low down on this or alternatively assure me that
> my friend was indeed pulling my leg.

No, there was a thread but it was just a joke.

If it were anyone but the KLF I'd keep trying to shine people on, but I've
given up on imagining strage things the KLF could do -- they do stranger
things all by themselves.  They're three different bands.  They drive
around in an ice-cream van and hand out popsicles.  They got Tammy Wynette
to sing on their new single.  How can anyone even hope to compete with
that?

--
Lazlo (lazlo@triton.unm.edu)

"Subwoofers trump zero-to-sixty times."