Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KLF and Kate

From: lawtonj@project4.computer-science.manchester.ac.uk (Kaleidoscope)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1991 09:48:45 -0800
Subject: Re: KLF and Kate
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.man.ac.uk

In <9111210446.aa15262@scockup.sco.COM> declann@sco.COM (Declan Nolan) writes:

>during this time, a friend who was still reading it told me that
>there was a thread about the KLF doing a cover of "Jig Of Life".
>This struck me as being too bizarre to be anything but true so could
>some of you kind souls please mail me with the low down on this or
>alternatively assure me that my friend was indeed pulling my leg.

Even though it probably was a joke (was it part of the 'tribute` LP
thread?) it's not as bizare as it may seem, esp. given the KLF`s past
record - I mean they've a single out next week with Tammy Winnete!
And anyone who's familiar with them beyond their chart singles will have
heard Bill Drummond's Scottish brogue in action, along with pedal steel
guitars & the like....
Well I happen to have a Bill Drummond solo LP (from pre-KLF days) that
features some pretty Celtic sounding pieces, so who knows...

>Declan

Julian

>declann@sco.COM
>uucp!...!uknet!scol!declann