Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jane Siberry

From: lawson@suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (Peter Lawson)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1991 22:17:46 -0800
Subject: Re: Jane Siberry
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ucc.su.OZ.AU

>From article <112120@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV>, by ed@wente.llnl.GOV (Ed Suranyi):
>
> In article <01GD5ARFM4WW9354FO@HUSC3.HARVARD.EDU> "fowler2@husc9.harvard.EDU"@HUSC3.HARVARD.EDU writes:
>>Three questions about Jane Siberry:
>
>>2.  Does she have any current plans to go on tour?

I suppose she will go on tour when a new album comes out.  I look
forward to that album; she toured in Australia about a year ago, and
played only small venues (in Sydney she played had four "concerts" which
were at pubs, jazz clubs, and one on campus here at Sydney University).
She played only songs from "Bound by the Beauty", with a few rare exceptions.
It was the first time I'd seen her in concert (even after having lived in
Toronto for three years!) and so I saw three out her four concerts here.

She did play some new tunes which hadn't yet been recorded. Two that I
remember are `Barkus is willing' and `Waiting for the World to Begin'.
She played `Waiting...' at most of her Sydney concerts, and it is a beautiful
song.  There is something to look forward to in her next recording.

Peter Lawson
Chatterton Astronomy Dept.
Sydney University, Australia.