Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The REAL meaning of SiG (take 2)

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1991 20:59:10 -0800
Subject: Re: The REAL meaning of SiG (take 2)
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Selwyn says:
>    A while ago I posted an article on the meaning of "Suspended in Gaffa".
> I now know that it was completely wrong in every respect, but thanks for
> the nice things that were said about it.
>
>    This time I genuinely believe that I've got it right.  I've been
> fiddling with this article for about a month now.  Each time I was ready to
> submit it I held off, and then discovered a new bit of evidence to support
> my argument.

you got it 'right' both times.  i *know* what the song means, to me,
and it's very important and only a bit like both your ideas...
*but* your posts are interesting, entertaining, and hopefully will lead
to insightful commentary with only a modicum of flaming to spice things
up...

hmm, the nicely placed KaTe Kuotes in Selwyn's posts prompt me to thank
Ron Hill again for Cloudbusting!  how's version 2 coming?  (i've missed
a lot of .gaffa recently, alas, alack)

heh heh heh, the weeping willows studio industrial all new all digital KaTe
remix xmas project is underway -- hmm, how about a "cod reggae" version
of "Dec. will be Magic Again"?   bubble bubble.

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com --
	"a woman drew her long black hair out tight
	 and fiddled whisper music on those strings
	 and bats with baby faces in the violet light
	 whistled, and beat their wings" -- T.S. Eliot