Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Ba-Bush-Ka

From: Scott Telford <st@dcs.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1991 05:43:11 -0800
Subject: Re: Ba-Bush-Ka
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

In article <1991Nov14.031858.3413@sti.com>, stev0@sti.COM (Steve
Berlin) writes:
>my favorite KaTe Songs, yet I always wince at the line "Just like his wife
>before she freezed on him". Ignoring the possible sexist connotations of this
>line, what bugs me is why didn't she use the correct word, "Froze"?  It does
>been the top priority of rock (Imagine "I can't get any satifaction") but Kate
>as far as I know, has no other "artistical" mistakes (OK, I'm probably wrong
>here).

What about the line "She couldn't have made a *worst* move"? I know it
says "worse" in the lyrics, but she definitely sings "worst". Maybe
she just wasn't feeling very grammatical when she wrote Babooshka?

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,   /   "I think she's one of the
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,      /    greatest composers of the