Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Consorship

From: Jeff Dalton <jeff@aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1991 08:22:34 -0800
Subject: Consorship
To: Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.edu

> Date:	Tue, 12 Nov 1991 22:10:52 -0800
> From:	Zimri Smith <ST701790@brownvm.brown.edu>

> wanted to say that I thoroughly agree with Ben: putting labels
> on music is *not* censorship (although it may be many other things;
> prudish and bone-headed spring immediately to mind), and the word
> should indeed be reserved for genuine cases.

The problem with the "don't call it censorship, it's just stupid
behavior" attitude is that it obscures the fact that one aim of
putting labels on music is to make certain kinds of music harder
to get and, if possible, cease to be produced at all.  That's
why we have the phrase "chill factor".  Pridish and bone-headed
just doesn't cover it.

BTW, Troi does not look very much like Kate.