Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Ba-Bush-Ka

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1991 17:04:42 -0800
Subject: Re: Ba-Bush-Ka
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Meredith writes:

>Actually, the funniest thing I've ever heard her say was last year
[...]
>and this passage, and the words just *fitted*, you know, they fitted so
>well..."

>Fitted.  Yeah.  Is that like in the King James Bible where everything gets
>builded and begetted and all that?  ;)

Um, actually, 'fitted' is a correct usage for the verb-transitive form of
'fit.'  Both fit and fitted are correct but in my dictionary, at least,
fitted is listed before fit.

Jeff
(whose own pet peeve is PG singing "If looks _could_ kill they probably will")

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                |  Life is a lot like the Freak Show     |
|                                |  Nobody laughs when they leave.        |