Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A Visit to Tower Records, & questions & comments

From: lazlo%triton.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1991 21:37:58 -0800
Subject: Re: A Visit to Tower Records, & questions & comments
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

ST701790@brownvm.brown.EDU (Zimri Smith) writes:

> After getting a root canal this morning, I popped 'round the corner to
> the Tower Records in Boston.
>
> Diamanda Galas CDs were only available on import, and at $23.99 per, I
> wasn't in the mood to spring for it. Mistress Vickie, is it really worth
> it? Which one?

When I was at Tower in San Diego (the one on Sports Arena) this summer
there was a Diamanda Galas CD set that I really regret not getting -- it
was a red box with the names of her three albums on it ("You Must Be
Certain of the Devil", "Plague Mass", and "Secrets of the Pit" I think?)
so I assume that it had all three albums in there.  It cost under $40.
Should I have grabbed this, and if so, is it still floating around out
there?  The first thing I ever heard by her was "Let My People Go" on the
Mute Tonal Evidence disc and I now have to have *everything*.

> I want to comment on the poop someone's been smearing all over
> compilation disks like "Theodore".

Me too.  Granted, if you got "Theodore" *just* for "Be Kind To My
Mistakes" you might have been disappointed, but there's a lot of other
good stuff on there too.  And if you sent in the little survey you also
get a copy of the NEW EDGE MUZIK promo disc, which is even *better* (with
some great traxx from Fishbone, B.A.D., and Movement EX . . . )

FirstKate: I got "Hounds Of Love" on CD (back when the UK import version
was in the US chain stores) after |>oug's incessant preachings, and
haven't looked back.

--
Lazlo (lazlo@triton.unm.edu)

On drumsmurd nOn drumsmurd nOn drumsmums . . . The Pope!
                                         . . . epoP ehThe Pope!