Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Death of Emotion (ready the 'n' key)

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1991 22:06:49 -0800
Subject: Re: The Death of Emotion (ready the 'n' key)
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

 Richard sez in response to Chris whining about "qualifiers":

> Everything is not black or white.  Qualifiers play an important part
> in showing the infinite shades of grey in between.  >Perhaps< Chris
> would prefer a world - or for that matter a newsgroup - where he
> could arrive on the scene and apply his patented "good" or "evil" labels
> to all he surveys and have a hoard of little toadies kowtow to those
> classifications with never a whisper of decent.  Fortunately, that is
> not going to happen here.  There are will always be someone here who
> will point out that something is grey no matter how badly Chris -
> or anyone else - wants to brand it black or white.

Excellently stated, but for the record, I want to say, that
while Richard is a sharp, thoughtful, intelligent and
occasionally sensitive person, he _is_ an engineer.  And I've
rarely met one that could spell worth a darn for very long.
I'm pretty sure Richard meant "a whisper of _dissent_" in
regards to the toadie hoardes kowtowing to Chris' patented
"good" and "evil" unqualified classifications.  It _does_
sound somewhat indecent.  Heyyy, maybe he really _did_ mean
"never a whisper of decent", ehhh??  :-)

See you layterr,

Sintheeuh (Cynt of Orlandooooooooooo)

----
Cynthia Rosas <cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP> <{n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia>