Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: let's put this to rest

From: engjs@wombat.newcastle.edu.au (James Smith)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1991 18:02:40 -0800
Subject: Re: let's put this to rest
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@seagoon.newcastle.edu.au

J. Fingerle writes:

>    Or maybe, as I have previously noted, it means British
>    Forces
>    Post Office, as told to me by the @#%$^(*$# RAF Officer that
>    sits in the *^&%^$#@ next cubicle to me!!!!!

BFPO is a standard abreviation meaning British Forces Posted Overseas.
I know this because I collect stamps, and it is one of the standard
overprints.  I have never understood why people make such a fuss about
it, as it is listed in any good dictionary of abbreviations.

Jim
--
James J Smith             | One of the biggest obstacles to the future
School of Engineering     | of computing is C. C is the last attempt