Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate mentioned in reply to Goldmine letter

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1991 10:23:23 -0800
Subject: Re: Kate mentioned in reply to Goldmine letter
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <91Oct26.112344pdt.436962@wiretap.Spies.COM> VNOZICK@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU (MasterMind) writes:
>Hey, this critic has *fantastic* taste.  Based on his other selections, I want
>to check out Annie Haslam, the one artist who I haven't heard of that was
>mentioned.  Anyone know anything about her?

Gaffa might be working again, so this might get through.  Let's hope!

Annie Haslam was the lead singer for Renaissance (their second
incarnation).  Since that group broke up she's had a couple of solo
albums.  Actually, I think her work with Renaissance (one of my favorite
all-time groups) was FAR superior to anything she did by herself
afterwards.  Check out Renaissance's albums _Scheherezade and Other
Stories_ or _A Song For All Seasons_, which are among my favorites of
their albums.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov