Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Say, how did you learn about Kate?

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1991 10:40:04 -0800
Subject: Re: Say, how did you learn about Kate?
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <9110290420.AAholmenkollen14716@holmenkollen.ifi.uio.no> kjetilho@ifi.uio.no (Kjetil Torgrim Homme) writes:
>Something puzzles me about the readership of this group. You all seem
>to have *discovered* Kate somewhere - on the radio, from a friend,
>etc.  Well, I grew up with her, with Wuthering Heights, Wow, and Never
>For Ever.
>
>After all, Kate is a pop artist, and usually has at least one number
>one hit on each album.

Well, most people who post here are from the USA, and here she's had
only one Top 40 hit ever -- "Running Up That Hill", which peaked at
No. 30.  "The Man With The Child In His Eyes" was the only other song
of hers ever to get into the pop charts at all here, and it peaked
somewhere in the 80s, I think.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov