Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT and the Head Bangers

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1991 21:50:02 -0700
Subject: KT and the Head Bangers
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

evan@castle.ed.ac.UK (E Welsh) writes:

> My impression of HM fans (good grief I'm married to one!) is that they are
> no less open-minded than the next person (not that you implied they're
> not open-minded). KaTe's releases are _always_ reviewed in the HM press and
> in my experience they are just as likely to dedicate a whole article on KaTe
> as the rest of the music press. The reviews are rarely unsympathetic I might
> add. In fact they are usually raves.

I do seem to recall that "RAW" and "Kerrang" both gave significant
exposure and positive reviews to _The Sensual World_ when it was
released.

I think that good rock music and good Kate music (isn't the latter
a redundant phrase?) are both a very visceral thing so there's bound
to be some overlap.  Of course, Kate supplements the gut impact by
touching your heart and mind while most metal bands will settle for a
good swift kick in the stomach.

Whether or not one can appreciate both probably comes down to the
patented Drukman Five Functioning Brain Cells Test.  Of course, vigorous
head banging can cause problems with this test over time.

                "I'm very well acquainted with the seven deadly sins.
                 I keep a busy schedule trying to fit them in
                 I'm proud to be a glutton and I don't have time for sloth
                 I'm greedy and I'm angry and I don't care who I cross"

                             -- Warren Zevon "Mr. Bad Example"

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP