Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Enigma and their marvelous legal woes

From: lazlo%triton.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1991 00:47:17 -0700
Subject: Re: Enigma and their marvelous legal woes
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU writes:

> A couple of years back a consort in Munich did a concert of Gregorian
> chants in a church in town (I think it may have been the Lukaskirche,
> where I saw Les Mystere des Voix Bulgares, which has amazing acoustics,
> but don't quote me).  Someone went in there with a tape recorder, and
> voila, Enigma had an album!!!
>
> A member of the consort recognized "Sadeness Part I" and "Mea Culpa"
> from somewhere when he heard it on the radio, and voila, they had a
> lawsuit!
>
> (The above are, of course, allegations...)

And nothing *but* allegations until you back them up, Meredith.  Which
I really doubt you can.

(If there were any justice in the world you'd get taken to task for this
post even more seriously than Robin did for her "Kate Isn't Touring" post
-- IMHO it's a lot more serious to accuse an artist of plagarising than it
is to say they've cancelled their concert plans.)

--
Lazlo (lazlo@triton.unm.edu)

"Most impressive, Commander."
	-- Worf to Riker in the Enterprise Men's Showers, Deck 41