Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sarah McLachlan's Videos

From: jessica@athos.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1991 21:13:12 -0700
Subject: Re: Sarah McLachlan's Videos
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Berton, thank you so much for the info and descriptions of Sarah
McLachlan's videos.

Amazing enoguh, i caught the end of Vox in a Sears store here in NJ
about a month ago! I was AMAZED! It was very nice.

god, i'd love to see the rest of her videos.

Joe was in canada this weekedn and got me Solace, and so far
I really love it.

It makes me cry - maybe it's just appropriate in my life just now? But
i also think it's very good and very emotional. It's certianyl
different as you describe, the smooth flowing ethereal vocals are gone
and everything now seems a little more down-to-earth, straghtforward,
and sometimes simpler/harsher/clearer. if that makes any sense.

in any case, while it's quite different, I like it on it's own an
awful lot already (4 listens so far, 1 of them on headphones).

I read the lyrics through before I even heard the music, and they
alone made me cry a little.

Into the Fire shoudl make a good single, i'd like to see it released
here..

       			jessica
--
|| jessica  || It is this that || Don't try to tell me there's no reason for ||
|| lawrence ||    brings us    || any moment in time, every memory of mine.  ||