Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

self-explanatory

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1991 02:43:11 -0700
Subject: self-explanatory
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Vishal barks:

> Gaffa has gone to the dogs!!   Sheesh!!!
>
> Vickie, Cynthia, Richard, slug it out in email, or alt.flame please.
> The rest of us don't give a damn about your personal differences.
> Also, try to grow up a little, you extrememly silly people!!

Judi McKernan caps:

>    OKAY, ENOUGH ALREADY! CAN WE PLEASE STOP ALL THE INCESSANT BITCHING
> AT EACH OTHER THAT BEEN TAKING UP SO MANY INCREDIBLE LINES OF BANDWIDTH
> LATELY? DISCUSSION OF DIVERSING OPINIONS HAS ALWAYS BEEN WELCOME, BUT
> THE CONSTANT PISSING, MOANING AND CHILDISHNESS OF SOME POSTS LATELY HAS
> MADE ME SICK TO THE POINT WHERE READING GAFFA LATELY IS NO LONGER FUN, BUT

>   THE ABOVE COMMENT WERE NOT DIRECTED AT ANY ONE PERSON IN SPECIFIC, BUT
> I'M HOPING THAT A CERTAIN GROUP OF ABOUT 5 OR 6 PEOPLE (I'LL BE NICE AND
> POLITE AND NOT MENTION ANY NAMES) WILL GET THE HINT.....

If you don't think I'm saying anything worthwhile put me in your
kill file.  Skip it.  Ignore it.  Delete it.  But don't tell me
that I should sit here and listen to someone publicly accuse me
of displaying scorn and hatred for Kate and not publicly respond.
No, I don't think this is the place for incessant petty bickering
but everyone has the right to rebut a public remark publicly at
least once.

Beyond that I think that defending the right to constructively
criticize Kate's work is pertinent to this group and is well
worth whatever bandwidth it takes.

Oh, and Vishal, don't pretend to speak for "the rest of us"
unless you've been elected unanimously.  Some of us, many of us,
most of us, but _not_ "the rest of us".

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP