Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The KaTe Tribute Album

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1991 08:18:30 -0700
Subject: The KaTe Tribute Album
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sti.com

Y'know, what with everyone talkin' 'bout the Elton John tribute album,
I think everyone's missing an obvious point here:
Why does every musician, from Elton to Cole Porter to the soundtrack
to Disney films, etc. etc. have tribute albums, while our favourite
artist does NOT?  Yes, I am suggesting a Kate Tribute album.

Here's some of the cuts I imagine would be on it:

Laibach: Babooshka
Public Enemy:  Infant Kiss
Ramones:  Running Up that Hill
Nina Hagen:  Get Out of My House
Tiny Tim:  Wuthering Heights
Laurie Anderson:  Ran Tan Waltz
PiL:  Moving
Neil Diamond: Reaching Out
k.d. lang:  James and the Cold Gun
Prince:  Ken
William Shatner:  Cloudbusting

That's what *I* would like to see.

- Stev0

(bonus points for pointing out which of the arists above that I like
and the ones I'm making fun of)

"Oh freddled gruntbuggly
thy micturations are to me..."
                -John C. Bush