Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Sensual World and Modern Love

From: lazlo%triton.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1991 15:30:33 -0700
Subject: Re: The Sensual World and Modern Love
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

henrik@echelon.UUCP (Larry DeLuca) writes:

> It's true that _The Sensual World_ doesn't employ a lot of the gimmicks
> all too common in production today to the extent that a lot of
> recordings do . . .

Like, maybe, competent engineering?

Even if I wasn't disappointed by the album's content (which I am, but
we've been over that before), it's just plain poorly recorded.  I think
that's worth griping about.  I don't expect capital-P "Production" in
the Trevor Horn vein -- don't give me any ideas :-) -- but I do expect
to be able to listen to quiet parts of an album without excess audio
gunk getting in the way.

--
Lazlo (lazlo@triton.unm.edu)

This is your brain on drugs with a side order of bacon and our
world-famous bottomless cup of coffee all for $2.99.