Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hopefully an end to the Cynthia string (*snort*)

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1991 23:20:41 -0700
Subject: Re: Hopefully an end to the Cynthia string (*snort*)
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

> From:	brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
>
>      Actually, it was a point you missed.  I wanted Cynthia to think about
> how she felt after someone told her that.  I felt in my so humble opinion that
> she should at least be aware of what she was, uhm, "dishing" out.  She seems
> to be taking offense to something she insists Jorn should not take offense to.

Ah, what a wry sense of humor you don't have!  I never implied
that Jorn should or should not believe anything.  I was saying
what _I_  thought.  I never said he shouldn't have thunk it,
or written it, or nuttin' honey.  I said, it made me
rollllllll my eyeballs.  You believe I said otherwise?  Free
country.

> The person is if they demean a person's character.  I certainly don't feel
> that anyone really has that right.  Cynthia is certainly not an exception, and
> she didn't exactly ask for a break.  It sounded distinctly like "What a fool"
> to me.

No, I never said Jorn was a fool.  Having serious doubts about
you however for your conclusion leaping proclivity.

>      Onward to Cynthia's response to my comments:
>
> >Um, I didn't know I needed one to express an opinion about a
> >subject matter that has nothing to do with psychology.
>
>      Unfortunately, making judgements of a personal nature, however crude
> they are, takes more than lack of tact.  Everything you do, say, and feel is
> psychology.  Without at least a respect for character and personality you have
> no place to comment on validity or acceptability of belief.  Opinions are
> a different matter, but that doesn't seem to be your forte.

Trying to curtail them [opinions] and decideing how they
should best be expressed to suit you IS your forte,
apparently.

>      Who are you taking out to your Junior prom this year?
>      You felt exactly what Jorn would feel when he read your note.  Telling
> Jorn he has no right to be offended would be directly hypocritical.  Just
> think about it, I'm not insulting you.

You mean about not having a right to believe what I want or
about having to wear Jorn's shoes.?   Once again, I defend
Jorn's right  to believe and write as he wishes, as well as my
right to do the same.  As for shoes, I doubt Jorn would like
mine.  I have very problematic feet, and I'm sure he wouldn't
like the arch I have to wear.  They _do_ have a distinct and
wondrous fragrance tho. :-)   Oh, why don't ya apply your
indignation at something that needs it already?

> >> or in any way compromise what someone believes.
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >I didn't compromise anyone's beliefs.  I stated my own.
>
>      ...by insulting a character trait that you have no right to judge.  I was

Err, did I call Jorn names in my original post.?  Granted I
referred to his writing style, and that I disagreed, and found
it even silly.  Never said he was a jerk, an idiot, a child
molester or any of the sort.

> your beliefs does not blindly include comments on the "correctness"
> of others'.

Never said any of dat. Correctness never appeared inmy post I
don't believe nor was correctness implied.  I implied I though
it was, in a nutshell, goofy as all get out.

> >Yeah yeah, what it boils down to is that you disagree with me.
>
>      No, I don't disagree with you, I feel that your post was tasteless and
> immature, even for UseNet.  I have a problem with apparently (intentional or
> not) insensitive people wherever I go.  Disagreement is comparatively nothing.
> I'm being as objective as I can in a fairly disturbed mood.

Oh.  Well then perhaps I should be grateful.  Maybe it's _you_
who has the dreaded CHARACTER flaws!!

> >So what?  That's what makes the world go around.  I didn;t say
> >anyone's feelings were bad or wrong.  I said I found the
> >writing style to be goofy, and the attitude to be
> >sychophantic.
>
>   Is this your opinion?  It certainly came across to me as a slam on Jorn's
> character.  If this is not so, please indicate it.  I may have read in fire
> where there was none, but I certainly wasn't looking for it.

Uh, yeah right.  Let me try to make it clear for you.  _Yes_
that was and is my opinion.  What language do you speak that
you will finally comprehend?

>      Comments made with an apparent degree of insensitivity and lack of tact.
> What do you expect when you throw someone's beliefs out the door?  Disagree,
> but judging it is _not_ a right you or I have.  You seem to be defending your
> feelings quite adamantly.  Give the same right to Jorn:  he does after all
> deserve it at least as much as you.

Most certainly.  So, perhaps it's time you unwadded _your_
panties.

>      A hobby?  Like neutering pets?

Well, it's not actually _my_ hobby.  I don't go around looking
to neuter them _myself_ you see.

>      I'm not curtailing liberties, I'm curtailing a possibly insensitive
> precedent that has surfaced before.

Well, thanks for being so concerned.  Unfortunately, you
haven't succeeded at curtailing anything, be they liberties or
possibly insensitive precedents.  Or did someone die and make
you Lord Sensitive of the Universe?  You seem to have a teeny
tiny bit inflated sense of your own impotence, er, importance.

> >No one is denying your right to have feelings and sincerity
> >from your heart or wherever it might come from.  I believe you
>
>      It came from the corn on his right big toe.  Just thought you'd wanna
> know for sure.

I had suspected as much.  Thanks for clarifying!

>   You don't want a flamewar, Cynthia.  You have self-preservation to
> consider, I have contents-of-stomach-preservation to consider, and the
> respectable folks here deserve more.

I never tried to start anything. aCTUALLY i DON'T FEEL ANY
HEAT( OOPS, darn Caps Lock button)  as I did nothing wrong.
Jorn did nothing wrong.  Even you have done nothing wrong,
because _trying_ to curtail someone is a far cry from doing
it.  Read it as it was, it still stands unaltered in my mind.
Sorry.  Imagine blood dripping where you wish.  Perhaps decaff
would be a good idea for you. And by the by, in the event of
any real or imagined flame war, I fear no one, Hon.

And as far as respectability goes.... oooh, that's just the
kind of simps I like to eat for lunch.  Respectability is a
bore in my opinion.  I prefer people who give their opinions
straight out.  Even you.

> >delicious.  I have a wicked grin in my face just thinking
> >about you breathing heavy .  Don't know about the address
>
>      I'm sure Jorn will give you a breath sample.

Okay, but he'll have to sniff my sneakers in return.

>  Look, just drop it.  Something lacking in tact was said, and that's fine.
> While I won't twiddle my thumbs while someone tries to make a fool out of
> another person while being a fool themselves, I will be grateful if the
> point were just dropped.

You seemed to feel it necessary to bedraggle it, Hon.  OH, but
you mean, I dare not reply?  I'm quaking in me bootsies!

 See you at the coffeee machine,

Cynthia Rosas

Note to Boris Chen:
I don't have time to go thru your post and quote you and all.
Suffice it to say, I appreciate the support as far as that I
did not attempt to burn Jorn at the stake, nor did I do more
than state an opinion that apparently, was in disagreement
with some.
Thanks for seeing it for what it was.

Cynthia

----