Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

embarrassing videos

From: drk@leland.stanford.edu (David Koehler)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1991 13:36:26 -0700
Subject: embarrassing videos
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: drk@leland.stanford.edu (David Koehler)

Steve Berlin really struck a chord with me when he describes pre-HoL
Kate videos as being "really embarrassing" or merely "not quite as
embarrassing".  I had never seen pre-HoL videos until last weekend
when I borrowed a VCR and rented TWS.  I watched the videos with
two friends who are not into Kate.  Ugh!  Most of the earlier videos
detract from rather than add to the songs (IMHO!), and the TD video
was agonizingly awful (again, IMHO!).  Not a good intro to Kate.
Check out TSW-the videos, Steve.  Just three videos, but with KaTe
interviews in between.  I thought "This Woman's Work" was a very
powerful video.

David