Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: NETnews <news@cis.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1991 13:49:00 -0700
To: rec-music-gaffa@cis.ohio-state.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: bilbo@beech.cis.ohio-state.edu (William H Stoner III)
Subject: Re: RUTH single and recommended singers
Sender: news@cis.ohio-state.edu (NETnews        )
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1991 20:48:55 GMT

In article <28803@natinst.natinst.com> brianb@natinst.COM (Brian Bloom) writes:

>My second question is what is the best Jane Siberry tune to wet my toes with?
>I prefer the more ethereal the better (i.e. Dead Can Dance, Enya, Cocteau
>Twins, Sarah McLachlan's "Vox" and "Touch")

Hmm...my recommendation for most "etheral" jane tune would be
"Vladimir, Vladimir" off of The Speckless Sky.  What I'd recommend you starting
with is either TSS or The Walking...neither of them are etheral all the way
through (ala enya or sarah m) but both are amazing works.  the walking is the
quieter of the two so you might wanna start there.   Just get them both, if you
give them a chance you'll likely want the whole set (there are 5 currently,
with a sixth do out shortly after the new year. :) :) :))

bilbo

--
"In order to maintain democracy 		|  William H. Stoner III
	oppressive action will be taken"	|  Systems Operator OSU CIS