Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Eyeless in Gaza, again

From: steve@devnull.mpd.tandem.com (Steve Williams)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1991 16:39:42 -0700
Subject: Re: Eyeless in Gaza, again
To: rec-music-gaffa@devnull.mpd.tandem.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@devnull.mpd.tandem.com

First, Craig recounts:
>> When I first saw the song title "Suspended in Gaffa", my immediate
>> association was with a reference to a place.  I have since tried to
>> figure out why, and all I can suggest is a similarity to the title of
>> the novel "Eyeless in Gaza" by Aldous Huxley, which I recall being in

Then Greg Bossart followed up with:
>heh, funny that.  i had *exactly* the same association for years -- until
>i started reading .gaffa, in fact.  the gaffa/gaza connection is probably
>a little vague (IMHO) as a serious analysis, but it's interesting that
>someone else made that connection...

And then I have to add that I had exactly the same association with
Huxley's "Eyeless in Gaza", and in fact mentioned that right here in
r.m.gaffa a year or three ago.  I also agree with Greg that any true
connection is unlikely.

Disclaimer: This message is NOT about the meaning of "gaffa" or SiG, and
should not be interpreted in any way as part of the effort to reheat
that tired debate.

Steve Williams			steve@mpd.tandem.com
Austin, Texas