Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bolts

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1991 17:33:34 -0700
Subject: Re: Bolts
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

greg footahs:

>there are, in fact, sound effect libraries compatible with the
>fairlight, full of gunshots, tire screeches, etc.  one of
>these may have been the source of the sample -- but we know that
>the breaking glass at the end of "babooshka" was sampled by
>KaTe and Krew...

But I *like* the image of a soldier sitting in the studio, holding his
rifle, and trying to follow along.  "Be a love, get this next try right
straight through, and I'll give you a Kit Kat."

>IMHO, the production, music, and lyrics of "army dreamer" are
>extraodinary -- equal to anything on the next two albums...

Actually, it's the single best song KaTe has yet recorded.

Just wanted to let you know.  You might have gone through life thinking it
was GOoMH or TD or SiG or anything off TNW, or....

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |