Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: embarrassing videos

From: boris%monsoon.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Boris Chen)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1991 15:41:54 -0700
Subject: Re: embarrassing videos
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet%agate.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (USENET Administrator)

In article <1991Oct10.203626.7493@leland.Stanford.EDU> drk@leland.stanford.EDU (David Koehler) writes:

>two friends who are not into Kate.  Ugh!  Most of the earlier videos
>detract from rather than add to the songs (IMHO!), and the TD video
>was agonizingly awful (again, IMHO!).  Not a good intro to Kate.

The funny thing is that I had the hardest time listening to Wuthering Heights
and The Man with a Child in His Eyes without having images from the
corresponding awful video. Whoever was the director, KEEF or something,
was awful. I watched TWS video several times, just to see if they would
grow on me. They didn't. I thought that, judging by her Live concert video, that
her videos would be good. She gets progressively better, though. I think
she deserves an a+ for improvement.

Babooshka wasn't TOO bad, was it?

>Check out TSW-the videos, Steve.  Just three videos, but with KaTe
>interviews in between.  I thought "This Woman's Work" was a very
>powerful video.

YEah. Though, I think they could have gotten a better actor.