Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: embarrassing videos

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1991 15:53:55 -0700
Subject: Re: embarrassing videos
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM

Hi!

> I had never seen pre-HoL videos until last weekend
> when I borrowed a VCR and rented TWS.  I watched the videos with
> two friends who are not into Kate.  Ugh!  Most of the earlier videos
> detract from rather than add to the songs (IMHO!), and the TD video
> was agonizingly awful (again, IMHO!).  Not a good intro to Kate.

The reason for the earlier videos can be summed up in one word: Keef.  He als
Heights" and the other videos through, I believe, "Army Dreamers" (correct me
on this one, someone who knows for sure!).

I agree that the earlier videos can get annoying, but I don't think they're
necessarily embarrassing. Just accept the fact that at the beginning of her
career Kate was a casualty of the Seventies, and you'll have a much easier time
with them!  :)

I think TD isn't bad, actually, it's quite funny.  The pigeon-necked dance
moves that pop up kill me. (Of course, I'm the person whose first exposure to
Kate was the SIYL video at the age of twelve, which gave me nightmares for a
week...)
Meredith Tarr			"Oh yes I know I'm always falling,
mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu	 Gazing at hazy goldfish in your swimming eyes"
Wesleyan University						-Kate Bush