Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New Guy

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1991 13:06:58 -0700
Subject: Re: New Guy
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <30SEP199121320728@cl2.cl.uh.edu> CSCI0476@cl.uh.edu writes:
>I picked up a CD of KaTe's _Aspects of The Sensual World_ the other
>day.  I'd been trying to track down "Be Kind To My Mistakes" since
>I saw CASTAWAYS.  In any case, I love the song "Ken" on that disc
>too, but what is this film G.L.C. from Comic Strip.  I assume they
>are talking about the Comic Strip group that did some British TV
>comedies, right?  Anyone seen this G.L.C. yet?

You should be aware that the version of BKtMM on the _AotSW_ CD
(which was originally the B-side for the British "This Woman's
Work" single) is heavily edited and remixed.  Some people, such
as Vickie Mapes, call it the "ruined" version.  Sadly, the soundtrack
to the movie is extremely hard to find.

As for "G.L.C.", this half-hour Comic Strip movie was shown on British
TV in the spring of 1990.  It has been repeated at least once.  Kate
wrote *all* the music for this, which includes several instrumental pieces
besides the song "Ken".

Kate made her debut acting role (besides videos) in another Comic Strip
movie, "Les Dogs."  This was also shown for the first time in the spring
of 1990.

Yes, quite a few of us have seen both of these Comic Strips.  I have
them on videotape.  Before anybody asks, I can't make copies of them
right now because I only have access to one VCR.  But I'd be happy
to show them to anyone who wanted to drop by.  I live in Livermore,
California.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov

Ed