Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Open mouth, insert foot...

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1991 00:19:00 -0700
Subject: Open mouth, insert foot...
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Vickie here, sorry about the terror fit :-)

About TSW, I will say the sound is "busier" than HoL or TD and I do hear
a bit of hiss on RT, but I just don't hear the "terrible sound quality"
so many people are complaining about.

Our equipment is excellent. Carver speakers, amplifier, preamp, the works.
Anyone who has ever been to our house can back me up when I say that our
equipment makes everything we own sound wonderful. I used to live with a
real audiophile, one who tinkered and toyed, fussed and fidgeted for hours
until everything was perfect to his ears. I mention this to establish that
I come from a background that's more discerning than My First Sony :-)

We only listen to the English CD, or the Canadian Picture Disc. The sound
is beautiful to these ears, so I just have to voice my disagreement with
all the people complaining about TSW's sound. However, sound-quality-wise,
my very favorite album is the English LP of Lionheart. None of Kate's albums
have sounded as warm, yet crisply lush. I'm not into audiophile lingo, so
I don't know if that type o thing has a name. Our audiophile friend, who
was mainly into classical (BIG-time!) also thought that Lionheart (English
LP) had the best sound of any pop album he'd ever heard.

Warpaint does have a very beautiful sonic quality and it was recorded on
a miniscule budget. Btw, I do know that David's post was about the sound,
and had nothing to do with the music. I jumped on something I shouldn't
have.

Oh Kate, hurry up, please! Waiting is so hard....

Vickie