Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Concrete Blonde

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1991 00:33:00 -0700
Subject: Concrete Blonde
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Just wanted to voice agreement about CB. I've been a fan since their first
album, though I never got to see them live until the last tour. I do love
Johnette's voice and lyrics, as well as the music. They're a bit rocky for
some people, I know, but they have so many truly great songs. Some of my
favorites:

True  Your Haunted Head  Beware of Darkness  God is a Bullet (should have
been a massive hit all over the world for weeks and weeks!) Scene of a
Perfect Crime  Happy Birthday   Little Conversations  Poisonous Garden
Caroline  Darkening of the Light  I Don't Need a Hero on and on and on...

One of my favorite Johnette Napolitano songs isn't even on a Concrete
Blonde album. It's the song "Tomorrow's Gonna Be" from the soundtrack
album from the film "Echo Park." Has anyone else heard that? If it's
already been mentioned, I missed it. It's a great song. She's credited
as Johnette, not as Concrete Blonde. Don't know the story behind it.
Anyone know anything else she's done as "Johnette"?

Vickie
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us