Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Concrete Blonde

From: ml@vcp1.vcp.monash.edu.au
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1991 19:03:46 -0700
Subject: Re: Concrete Blonde
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@monu0.cc.monash.edu.au (Usenet system)

In article <m0kPqEF-00025aC@chinet.chi.il.us>, katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie) writes:

   [ lots of stuff deleted ]

> One of my favorite Johnette Napolitano songs isn't even on a Concrete
> Blonde album. It's the song "Tomorrow's Gonna Be" from the soundtrack
> album from the film "Echo Park." Has anyone else heard that? If it's
> already been mentioned, I missed it. It's a great song. She's credited
> as Johnette, not as Concrete Blonde. Don't know the story behind it.
> Anyone know anything else she's done as "Johnette"?

I have not heard of this song in Australia.  Surprising if it didn't make
airplay because CB are popular, here.  But has anyone heard CB's version of
Lenard Cohen's "Everybody knows"?  IT'S SUPERB!!!!  Knocks the original Cohen's
version for six (he can't sing to save his life!).  The song is available on
the 'Pump up the Volume' soundtrack.

> Vickie
> katefans@chinet.chi.il.us

Cheers,
Mik.          (Disclaimer:  I think, therefore... ummmm...)

* Mik Lipcsey, Computer Systems Officer,      * I am home, I know the way,  *
* Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash Uni., * I am home, feeling oh, so   *
* 381 Royal Parade, Parkville, Australia.     *    far away...              *
* Aarnet:  ml@vcp1.vcp.monash.edu.au          *       Enya & Roma Ryan:     *
* 'Open the Pod Bay Door, please, HAL'        *   'Evening Falls...' (1988) *