Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Concrete Blonde and Andy Prieboy

From: Matthew Deshon <mattd@cltr.uq.oz.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1991 22:52:10 -0700
Subject: Re: Concrete Blonde and Andy Prieboy
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: "Mr. Time Waster" <news@cltr.uq.oz.au>

lester@gandalf.etdesg.TRW.COM (Jeffrey A. Lester) writes:

>>Oh, by the way, Andrew Prieboy (sp?), was a support act.  He did a duet
>>with Johnette singing 'Tomorrow, Wendy'.  Their vocals went perfectly together
>>with this song.  That was to me the absolute highlight ot the night.

>Andy Prieboy wrote the song "Tomorrow, Wendy" and also sings on the version
>of it on _Bloodletting_. Andy also recorded his own version of the song on
>his solo album (he is the lead singer of Wall of Voodoo). It was kind of
>interesting last year here in L.A. when local "new rock" station KROQ
>played both versions of the song. The Andy Prieboy version got much more
>airplay.

>From memory (without having either CD in front of me - They're both great, BTW),
The version on Prieboy's 'Upon My Wicked Son' is basically a duet with Napolitano,
while the one on 'Bloodletting' doesn't feature Prieboy at all.  I prefer the
Prieboy version soley for that reason.  Maybe others are the same.

matt

--
Matt Deshon
Applications Programmer,                     "We push the empty frame of reason