Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Join The Big Sky Support Group : )

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1991 21:20:59 -0700
Subject: Re: Join The Big Sky Support Group : )
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Meredith writes:

>This is an invitation to join the (semi) official The Big Sky Support Group.
>All people who enjoy this song as much as I do (for the sheer amusement value
>involved) are free to sign up! :)

>Any takers?

YES!  For some weird reason I used to not like this song.  Over the last
couple of years, though, I've really come to love it.  Seriously danceable.
And I just noticed today while I was listening to TBS on my way home from
work that the rhythm is perfect for climbing a long escalator up from the
subway.  This contrasts with "Cloudusting," which is probably the greatest
walking song of all time, and "Under Ice" and "Jig of Life," both of which
are great for biking.  It's always important to know which mode of transport
goes best with each song.  ;-)

TBS used to be my least favorite song on _HoL_.  Now "least favorite" is
a null statement.

All this talk makes me want to pull out TWW II and pop in the meteorological
mix.  Of course, if I do that, I'll never get to sleep!

"Tell them, sisters!"

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |