Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Concrete Blonde and Andy Prieboy

From: lester@gandalf.etdesg.TRW.COM (Jeffrey A. Lester)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1991 23:40:08 -0700
Subject: Re: Concrete Blonde and Andy Prieboy
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.spies.com
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in Message-Id: value found on wiretap.Spies.COM:Message-Id: <9109240640.AA04950@gandalf.> ^-illegal subdomain in domain

>Oh, by the way, Andrew Prieboy (sp?), was a support act.  He did a duet
>with Johnette singing 'Tomorrow, Wendy'.  Their vocals went perfectly together
>with this song.  That was to me the absolute highlight ot the night.

Andy Prieboy wrote the song "Tomorrow, Wendy" and also sings on the version
of it on _Bloodletting_. Andy also recorded his own version of the song on
his solo album (he is the lead singer of Wall of Voodoo). It was kind of
interesting last year here in L.A. when local "new rock" station KROQ
played both versions of the song. The Andy Prieboy version got much more
airplay.

-Jeff Lester