Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Sensual Hounds of World Love

From: boris%monsoon.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Boris Chen)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1991 13:51:13 -0700
Subject: Re: The Sensual Hounds of World Love
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet%agate.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (USENET Administrator)

In article <107200@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> ed@wente.llnl.GOV (Ed Suranyi) writes:

>And in any case, I disagree vehemently with you.  The only song on that
>side that I don't like so much is "The Big Sky," which, without it's
>video, does seem to be kind of boring.  But "Cloudbusting" is one of
>her most beautiful songs, and the lines in RUTH where Kate sings,
>"You / You and me" always bring me chills.

What is strange is that I didn't really take notice of TBS until
I saw the video. And eventhough the video seemed awfully mainstream,
I think it shows a more playful, youthful side of Kate that is
absent in her other videos. After seeing the video, TBS is one of
my favorite songs on HOL.

Boris Chen             | Things will come out right now. We can make it so
Berkeley, CA           | Someone is on your side, no one is alone.
boris@ocf.berkeley.edu | --Into the Woods (Stephen Sondheim)