Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Leaving my Tracks" citation

From: Scott@cs.heriot-watt.ac.uk (Scott Telford)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1991 08:48:46 -0700
Subject: "Leaving my Tracks" citation
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.heriot-watt.ac.uk

A while ago someone mentioned the item in Homeground 42 about a new
reference to the mythical "Leaving my Tracks" book. Well, after
scouring some bookshops, I found it (the reference, not LmT! 8^). It's
in the 1991 edition of the "Oxford Companion to Popular Music". The
entry for KaTe describes her as a "singer and composer", calls her work
"experimental" and says she was born in Plumstead, Surrey (didn't think
Bexleyheath Maternity Hospital was in Surrey... 8^). It gives two
references: the Vermorel's "Kate Bush" (thptt!) and

     K. Bush, "Leaving my Tracks", (London, 1982).

Curiouser and curiouser...

--
Scott Telford,
no longer at the Dept. of Computer Science, Heriot-Watt University, UK,