Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hammersmith bootleg

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu (woj)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1991 23:46:33 -0700
Subject: Re: Hammersmith bootleg
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

mattd@cltr.uq.OZ.AU (Matthew Deshon) sez:
>A friend stumbled across a bootleg CD of KaTe live at the Hammersmith, and I
>was wondering if people had any info on this recording: is the quality good
>enough to warrant the A$60 price tag, or would I be better staying with the
>tape I made off the video?

as ied and myself have previously mentioned, there are three known cd
recordings of the hammersmith film/laserdisc. to reiterate:

_KaTe bush live_ - this cd is on neutral zone records out of korea (i think)
and is a dub of the laserdisc sound. as such, it is quite excellent. added
features of this disc include "running up that hill", from the third secret
policeman's ball, "breathing", from the comic relief concerts and the sound-
track mix of "this woman's work" (which was only available on hte soundtrack
when this cd was pressed).

_burning desires_ - this cd is a very poor transfer of the hammersmith video.
not recommended. i belive it is on swinging pig records, but i can not recall
for sure. it's only redeeming quality is a pretty half-tone picture of KaTe
on the inside of the jewel box insert.

_live in london 1979_ - also pressed from the laserdisc, so the sound is
good. this is touted as part of the superstars golden radio series. has a
nice picture from tour on the front.

unless you are a cd nut, i would think that a tape from the video would be
more than adequate, unless it is the first cd, with the additional tracks,
which might ne worthwhile if you do not already have those tracks (which
are readily available elsewhere).
--
woj@remus.rutgers.edu - smou/dj-for-hire - cutting out a silouette of dreams