Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Enya

From: Sean Judge <sjudge@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1991 23:14:34 -0700
Subject: Enya
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Someone (I am sorry...I forget the name) mentioned they read a "confusing"
mention of Enya releasing "Watermark" on Warners.  This is true.  She left
the Geffen label for some reason, and is re-releasing her album on Warners.
Geffen has stopped making the albums, now, and so if you want to get the
album you may have trouble finding it.  I work at a record store and we
sold our last copies about two weeks ago.  Never to see them again until
she re-releases them!  Geffen is a damn weird guy.  He flaunts his power
a lot in the industry and it makes me sick.  Little, senseless things like
making us punch 1 for yes or 2 for no on our registers to poll if people want
their free copies of REQUEST magazine or not.  Why?  Who cares?  I hear it
is to see if it's worth his placing ads in them or not.  One man's company
is making us answer a POLL to see if its worth HIS time?  Puh-leeze.  Mr.
Geffen...if you are out there on the Internet or have friends who'll tell you
about this?  We always punch 2 for no, just to get it out of the way.  It's
become habit, now.  So your results are worthless!!  HAHA!