Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

ICE notes

From: claris!wombat@decwrl.dec.com (Scott Lindsey)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1991 16:43:05 -0700
Subject: ICE notes
To: rec-music-gaffa@Decwrl.dec.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Number: 23768
Sender: claris!news@decwrl.dec.com
Wombat: yes

The October issue of ICE confirms the upcoming Elton John tribute, _Two Rooms_
but notes that "... each of whom recorded tracks specifically for this project
within the last nine months..."  I could have sworn I'd heard about Kate's
"Rocket Man" longer ago than that.  The musicians listed in the the article:

The Who           "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting"
Eric Clapton      "The Border Song"
Sinead O'Connor   "Sacrifice"
Rod Stewart       "Your Song"
KaTe              "Rocket Man"
Sting             "Come Down In Time"
Wilson Phillips   "Daniel"
The Beach Boys    "Crocodile Rock"
Joe Cocker        "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word"
Jon Bon Jovi      "Levon"
Tina Turner       "The Bitch Is Back"
Hall & Oates      "Philadelphia Freedom"
Oleta Adams       "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me"
Bruce Hornsby     "Madman Across the Water"
Phil Collins      "Burn Down The Mission"
George Michael    "Tonight"

On the subject of Enya, ICE has this puzzling statement: "November 12 is
slated for ... and various artists - _Until The End Of The World_ soundtrack
(ICE #53) plus Enya - _WaterMark_ (Warner Bros.)."  This seems to indicate that
_Watermark_, which was released on Geffen here in the US is being re-issued on
Warner Bros.

--
Scott Lindsey             wombat@apple.com               Who knows
Claris Corporation   or   ames!claris!wombat             Why care