Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: root@crash.cts.com
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1991 17:16:19 -0700
To: nosc!rec-music-gaffa@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: rrussell@pnet01.cts.com (Ray Russell)
Subject: Hello!!
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1991 07:16:16 GMT
Sender: root@crash.cts.com

                                 ********************
                                 KTKIKTKI*KTKI*KTKIKT
                                         *        *
                                         *      *
                                         *   *
                                         *     *
                                         *       *
                                         *         *

    Hi!

       So happy to reach Love-Hounds at last: been in the process a long
time...

      Has anyone heard of a band called 'Pyewackitt'??? ( Are they into
KaTe???) I only know they have a song- "The Man In The Moon Drinks Claret"

and are on Familiar Records. Maybe the record label suggests the name came
from the 17th century drawing of M.Hopkins at work, rather than a KaTe
influence- the only two places I've seen the name ever!

      Anyway, it may be of interest to some that The Journal Of Orgonomy is
alive and well, and living in a dusty corner of the SDSU Library!!

It is likely other writings were so carefully preserved and just may be
waiting to be discovered. The 1950's O.E.B. would be some amazing reading.

The campfire wasn't as big as it could have been..... Probably noone else is
into that aspect of the story, but it is every bit as fascinating.

     Aren't CloudBusting and The Garden totally impressive ! Most every
question is answered somewhere in all those many beautiful pages. What a
massive task for R.H. and IED to compile. There are twenty badly worn fingers
out there! I was able to see some of the many months of work that went into
the first edition, and it is really hard to believe. Just wanted to thank the
two authors for all their efforts.

    Looking forward to hearing any comments on Rocket Man, as some of us won't
be hearing it for a while. Hopefully it will be released on vinyl? It made a
big difference on The Sensual World. The warmer feeling sound draws the
listener into the sound, rather than making you think you're watching it from
another planet!! (o.k. , maybe there's a little bit of opinion thrown in, but
it IS true...)

    Nevertheless, I'd like to say hello to all the Love Hounds I was able to
meet at the con. and were so wonderful!! And an apology if this is repeating
endlessly, but I was told none of the other messages made it through-third
time's the charm...

 One last article of possible interest: 9/89 Yankee magazine has an article
Willhelm Reich, the doctor who made it rain. a 12 pager w/picture&drawing.

                         __________________
                                 |        /
                                 |       /
                                 |      /
                                 |     /\
                                 |    /  \
                                 |   /    \
                                 |          \
                                 |           \
                                 |

                                 |ay

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rrussell
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rrussell@nosc.mil
INET: rrussell@pnet01.cts.com