Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hi!

From: bsbbs!nrc@eddie (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 1991 16:48:04 -0700
Subject: Hi!
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

john@c129s.UUCP writes:

> I've been watching MTV's Unplugged for a while now.  You know, the
> show where your favorite performers go acoustic.  Well, I haven't
> seen my favorite performer on there yet.  Wouldn't that be great to
> see KaTe up there at the piano singing with maybe just a standup bass,
> acoustic guitar,and drums?  Who knows, perhaps she'll do it while
> she's over here for "The Tour."

Yeah, I said this same thing around the time promotion for _The Sensual
World_ was winding down.  Kate could get lots of promotional mileage
out of creating just one "event" and MTV Unplugged would be a
good choice.  Evidently the folks in REM were listening because
not much later they turned their Unplugged appearance into a big
event.

Welcome to the group!

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP