Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hi!

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 1991 12:28:25 -0700
Subject: Re: Hi!
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <9108312111.AA04074@b17c.b17c.ingr.com> john@c129s.UUCP writes:
> I really liked all 3
>videos, but I was particularly impressed with This Woman's Work.

You should also pick up the video collections "The Whole Story" and
"The Single File".  Unfortunately, there are several videos that
are on both collections, but you need both to get many of her best.
For example, "Cloudbusting" is only on "The Whole Story", and
"Suspended In Gaffa" is only on "The Single File".

>  Is Vickie, one of Vickie 'n' Chris, also one of Chris 'n' Vickie
>  that Chris is one of???

Yes.

>  Does IED ever let Andy post anything?

Rarely.  I think I've seen it happen once.

>So those in the know say that each album cover has some sort of
>KT symbol hidden somewhere on it.

> Would someone please tell me where the other
>5 are?

Somebody just posted that he's e-mailing you the solution.  (My
memory's horrible, so I don't remember who said this.)  If you
still can't find them, e-mail me.

>I've been watching MTV's Unplugged for a while now.  You know, the
>show where your favorite performers go acoustic.  Well, I haven't
>seen my favorite performer on there yet.  Wouldn't that be great to
>see KaTe up there at the piano singing with maybe just a standup bass,
>acoustic guitar,and drums?  Who knows, perhaps she'll do it while
>she's over here for "The Tour."

Yes, it sure would be great, but the chances of it ever happening
are practically nil.  If you know anything about Kate at all, it's
that her public appearances for any purpose at all, let alone
performing, are extremely rare.

>I've lived here in Alabama for about 2 years now and have never heard
>KaTe on the radio.

Sounds like you've probably got a great story about how you discovered
Kate -- Kate fans in Alabama are probably not very common.  Care to
share it with us?

Incidentally, I've been a Kate fan since about 1982 and the first
time I ever heard her on the radio was in 1987.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov