Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KT Album pricing

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1991 15:21:36 -0700
Subject: Re: KT Album pricing
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Boris Chen writes:

>I saw at the local record store a CD of KT. It is some sort of Demo album,
>it says the songs were recorded in '74. I think the title is "Fly with Me"
>or something about  flying, I am probably wrong about the name.

Yup.  The CD you saw was _If You Could See Me Fly_ (or _If Yould See Me Fly_
as the typo on the side reads...;-).

>Anyway,
>seeing that it must be a rarity, I was thinking of buying it, but it was
>$48.95, for that single CD. I am wondering if this is a fair price.

GACK!  What is it with Californians that they get ripped off so much?  This
is the second highest price I've heard of for one of the two CD's put out
by Chapter One.  The highest was something like $70 or $80, reported by
another love-hound somewhere in CA.

I paid $30 for my copy of the CD, and I definitely think it's worthwhile--if
you have no (or few) scruples about buying music that KaTe did not want
released, and from which she will receive no royalties.  I don't know if I
would have paid $50 for the album, though.  It's definitely worth trying
to find at a lower price.

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |