Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Single File at Tower + MisK Stuff

From: tlhouns@ns.PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1991 15:05:57 -0700
Subject: Single File at Tower + MisK Stuff
To: <love-hounds@ims.alaska.edu>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ns.PacBell.COM (Pacific Bell Netnews)

This past weekend, Karen Newcombe and I browsed the record stores in
San Francisco and low and behold.. the Tower Records store there had
about 8 copies of the "Single File" in!!  It is retailing there for
$24.95 (which isn't bad!!)  Needless to say, Karen picked it up and
we watched KaTe videos that evening until Star Trek came on :-) sorry
kate.. your good, but I gotta get my ST fix on Saturday night..

We also found a copy of Happy Rhodes' "Warpaint" album at Streetlight
records there!  Karen promptly snatched that up, after having heard
a tape of her earlier..

I also found a new numbered KaTe picture interview disk (labled KaTe
interviews 85 + 86) for $22.  The interviews it contains are fairly
lengthy, but most have been transcribed here before by others. I did
like hearing them myself in Kate's voice better though..  The disk I
picked up was numbered 510.  I have no idea how many were pressed. It
came with a few glossy photos of KaTe next to a gray dog, presumably
taken during Kate's promo for the "Hounds of Love."

Lastly, Karen asked me to pass on to the net some news about the
"Lonestar Lionhearts." Apparently, the next issue is close to press and
all of you who have subscribed should be receiving copies in the mail
RSN (real soon now).  Apparently, Karen authored some of the articles
for the mag.

PS.  Ed, when do you want to get together and digitize the song KaTe
     sang at the convention last year?  I'm sure that the archives could
     use some actual "speech files" with Kate's voice.. Let me know, dude.

-Lee