Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lisa Germano

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!hargie@eddie (Kirstin Hargie)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1991 19:58:00 -0700
Subject: Lisa Germano
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

I concur with Vickie...the CD is excellent...I have listened
to it constantly for two days now.  The instrumental songs
have a particular power....my mother even commented on how
beautiful they were (this is SUPER RARE folks! considering
she hates kate :( ).  What's even more incredible is that
I loved her live versions of the songs a lot more than the
CD with the exception of a couple tunes --- and what's scary
is that she said she was wicked nervous...I thought she
was great :)  Her mix of the violin and mandolin are really
cool.  It's kinda hard to put a finger on the exact style
she uses....it's different but pleasant.  I agree with
Vickie...she is another brilliant artist hidden in the vast
recesses of a stifling world - how many more are out there??
(it's mindboggling to think about)

kIrI
hargie@chinet.chi.il.us